Monday, May 26, 2014

Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum & Jamestown Lighthouse, Accra, Ghana

I have lived in Ghana for quite a while now and I've never stepped foot at the Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum or the Jamestown Light house ever. So when my friend, Martin said he would be doing both places on a Saturday afternoon, I jumped in on the idea and joined him!! :)

Anyone looking for being a tourist in Accra for an afternoon should consider this!
Whether you are living or visiting, it's always nice to learn a little bit of history.

We ended the afternoon with rib burgers at Chix and Ribs. Uhhhh not exactly the Ghanaian experience to wrap up the day but hey, walking around was hot and tiring and we all felt we deserved a hefty and yummy meal!!! We followed it up by having some beers at Cuzzy bro's. Oh yess... it was a good tourist day!

Here are some of the photos:







So I am scared of heights.. but I made it to the top. The lighthouse has 82 steps (as claimed by our "tour guide")





No comments:

Post a Comment